Smash Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zephonic Zelda Guide

5 posters

Go down

Do you think I spam with Zelda? Or, do you think in general do Zelda's spam?

Zephonic Zelda Guide I_vote_lcap13%Zephonic Zelda Guide I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Zephonic Zelda Guide I_vote_lcap25%Zephonic Zelda Guide I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Zephonic Zelda Guide I_vote_lcap38%Zephonic Zelda Guide I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Zephonic Zelda Guide I_vote_lcap24%Zephonic Zelda Guide I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 2 ]
Zephonic Zelda Guide I_vote_lcap0%Zephonic Zelda Guide I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Zephonic Zelda Guide Empty Zephonic Zelda Guide

Post by Zephron© Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:54 am

Hey all. I think my Zelda's pretty good, and I've seen alot of you guys' and you can sure give me a run for my money /cough beight /cough

Anyways, this is all for talk about her. And Sheik too... I guess.... I prefer Zelda immensely more though.
I'm in no way a professional Zelda player, but I'm trying to main her and I think I know a lot concerning.

ALSO: If any of you guys have noticed a few mistakes I've made (besides suiciding constantly... bleah.) Please tell me. I really want to get better, and as the guide also says, small mistakes ruin Zelda. I tend to do tons unconsciously...
.... Post away, comrades!

Last edited by Zephron on Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Number of posts : 1615
Brawl: : 1934-2362-2797

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 75

Back to top Go down

Zephonic Zelda Guide Empty Re: Zephonic Zelda Guide

Post by Zephron© Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Here are some key things from the guide (and me) that you should know if you\'re too lazy to read/skim through it.

Zephonic Zelda Guide Zeldaupbzw6
1st Part.) Farore's Wind goes in 16 Directions, not just 8. Learn to point the Analog stick inbetween the notches to ensure recovery. Also, it hits both at the beginning and at the end of the attack. Learn to aim this move well to do mindgames. Also, pointing the attack at the ground, controls how far you go as well. if you only want to go a few feet, point it diagonally instead of straight. Straight down will make you stay where you are. Go to the Farore\'s Wind section on the guide to see some more advanced moves I dont care to explain. Key words: ADVANCED!

But here is some basic logic you should know with this move. Say you\'re near the edge of FD, and you opponent is running towards you. You dont know what they\'re going to do, and use FW (Farore\'s Wind).
Here's what most do:
1.) They stand there. If you dont think they\'ve seen this before, attack them! If they shield in time though, you\'re screwed. Try going behind
them, or staying in place.

2.) They shield- DONT TRY TO HIT THEM!!! If they expect you going behind them, and turn, try going in front of them this time. But I'd recommend staying in place.

3.) They back away- JACKPOT! Stay in place and do whatever. You've made them reset their approach. You can try going behind them, and that works too, unless they have a long ranged attack, or speed, such as marth or meta knight.

4.) They don't do anything- Most of the people I've seen just try to shield the second you hit them, and this usually works. So unless you\'re confident it'll hit, DONT TRY IT. Try staying in place or going a tad closer.

2nd Part.)
Zephonic Zelda Guide Zeldasidebms4
Not all Dins fire spammers are made equal. Learn to control the dins fire the way you see fit.
Yes, it can Zigzag. Point the analog stick up and down respectively to confuse your opponents. This also is helpful with players like Lucas/Ness/G&W, and can make them unsure of if youre going to hit them or not.

Or, if you're going to be hit by something while using dins fire, point it to the ground near your opponent. Dins automatically explodes on contact. That way you always hit your mark!

Use this move to camp, and force other players to come to you. Zelda is a defensive character, and can punish players who make mistakes approaching her.

Use it also to gain, lose, or shift your momentum. Using it in the air moves you towards the direction you\'re aiming your fireball. You can cancel momentum too, by going the opposite way you're travelling.

MOVE AROUND! No true player stays in one place. Shift around to keep your opponent confused and in place.

Zephonic Zelda Guide Zeldaneutralbmq5
3rd Part.)Nayru\'s Love is a very useful move. Not only does it reflect, if you get it to attack your opponent, IT MOVES THEM TO THE DIRECTION YOU'RE FACING! Very important.

Now, say a opponent is behind you, ready to attack.
You can either: Down A- very quick, big knockback. But wait! She hits in front of her first, then behind her. That gives more time to your opponent. So, use Nayru's Love to hit both sides at the same time. Moving him in front of you for a sure side smash! This move is a great interrupter, and can give you alot of elbow room.

Also, say you just got hit, and in your "attacked" animation. Pressing Y/X and B at the same time will do what most Zelda players call: Lovejump. This makes you do an excellent attack and sometimes cancels your momentum. This also works with Farore\'s Wind.

Important!!: At the very beginning of this move, right as the big crystal forms, Zelda gets a few invincibility frames. Remember this, and take advantage of them!

4th Part.)SMASHES: All of Zeldas smashes are very powerful, and, like marth, spacing is key. I suggest going into training to see how far each move goes, and the lag afterwards.
Zephonic Zelda Guide Zeldasidesmashyj9
Side Smash- keep in mind that Zelda does this attack in front of her! That gives you more space and attack range. Good spacing skills will keep your opponent hit, and you from getting hurt. Usually kills average characters at 80-100%. Multi-hit so you thwart those quick shielders! But, if you mis-spaced, and they only get hit by the first few attacks, you\'re left open. The last hit counts, and if they dont get hit by it, you\'re going to get hit.

Up Smash -Zephonic Zelda Guide Zeldaupsmashcq4
This pulls enemies in, and chucks them upwards, Multi hit, and huge knockback. Try to land a up a in midair for a quick KO. Usually KO\'S at 80%-90%. This is a very high priority move. Try to time it well and prevent down a\'s from above.

Down Smash- Zephonic Zelda Guide Zeldadownsmashmd0
My favorite move. Quick, nice damage, big knockback. This move will send your enemy FAR away from you. It kills very fast, and at enemies with bad recovery, can kill as low as 70%! Use this move without mercy. Keep in mind it sends enemies exactly horizontal. However, I admit I'm very obvious with this move when I'm going for a KO. Try to mix things up a little so they dont expect it, or use a different smash.

5th Part.)Here are some important random moves I should use more but dont. USE THEM!
Zephonic Zelda Guide Zeldaforwardairuf9
Forward/Backward (midair) A- USE THIS MOVE! If sweetspotted, it does 20% as to 5, and gives the opponent huge knockback. Large characters of course work better, as their sweetspots are bigger as well. I wouldnt try it on Pikachu, or Olimar, but every other character really can get powned by this. Great kill move. Even if you miss, this move is a great way to keep your opponent from getting the edge. BUT: If you miss, dont forget that you're open. Nak's video below shows that if you still have some airtime, you can land another kick. Try it! Its not about aiming, its about timing to get the sweetspot.
IMPORTANT: Forward and Back air are not exactly the same. Forward air is significantly slower and has more reach. Back air is significantly faster, and you can get two in a short hop, where you need a full hop for 1 forward air. Backair also sends slightly farther. But, they both do the same damage.

Up A (midair)
Zephonic Zelda Guide Zeldaupairyj2
Zelda does an explosion in front of her, HUGE DAMAGE AND EASY KO! I\'ve seen it KO at 60%. Be open for unwary people, and use it immediately. There is some lag to this move, so use it a tad early. If you miss, though, it leaves you wide open. However, to be honest, I use this move way too much. Dont expect good players to fall for this. But, keep in mind you can blast them from below a platform, like the video at the bottom of this post.

Down tilt - Zephonic Zelda Guide Zeldadowntiltfl6
I really need to start using this. This may seem wimpy at first, but you can repeatedly hit enemies and lock them from doing anything else. I've seen this done for up to 50%! Just keep hitting them till they get out, then do a quick B or Down Smash. Or, Side Tilt to do a KO!

Platforms can be both a blessing and a curse. Here is a good example or good platform use. See at 0:41 Zelda got marth with her Uair?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NDVuU4LB6s

Here is an AWESOME video of my zelda teacher, Naks. Anyone who wants to be good at zelda should watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtT1BAGBa50

That\'s the guide. Read it well, Zelda hopefuls. Feel free to tell me random typos and random mistakes I usually make.

Last edited by Zephron on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:32 pm; edited 10 times in total
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by For$@K3n KnIgHt! Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:24 pm

GREAT JOB ZEPH! Sorry to comment late, but oh well Nice job with this you'll soon be a zelda legend!
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
Smash Veteran

Number of posts : 763
Brawl: : 1977.2102.9898

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:38 pm

..... Thanks... Cj...

I'm not very good at Zelda, but if anyone wanted to main her they at least need to know the basics. I still need to learn fundamentals according to Naks, and I will continue to try to get better.
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by For$@K3n KnIgHt! Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:46 pm

Nice picture Razz
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
Smash Veteran

Number of posts : 763
Brawl: : 1977.2102.9898

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:55 pm

hey zeph, nice guide.
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 1244
Brawl: : 0989-1985-9880

Smash Points/Trophies

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeroX2Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:55 pm

It was here weeks ago x.x
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:57 pm

yeah, but you edited it.
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:05 pm

Should have awhile ago, actually. x.x
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:14 pm

Zephron wrote:Should have awhile ago, actually. x.x

idk, says your last edit was 24th. anyways, the date doesn't matter xD.
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:33 pm

I kinda meant I should have polished the guide awhile ago, as it was needing help.
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by GuruKid Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:59 pm

Looks good so far. I'd suggest you discuss ALL the moves, as I'm sure there's some circumstances in which those moves would be needed. Analyze Zelda's approaches (like short-hopped Din's fire or hyphened U-Smash) as well as any possible aerial game (don't forget her N-air).

Keep up the good work!
GuruKid
GuruKid
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 383

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 15

https://smashunderground.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakayorz Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:02 pm

you can short hop an fair, it just eats up so much air time that you can't do any more aerials before landing unless you jump again. Otherwise it'll get auto canceld upon landing.
Nakayorz
Nakayorz
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 11

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down