Smash Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linkologic - A Link Guide

+3
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
Rei
Zero
7 posters

Go down

Linkologic - A Link Guide Empty Linkologic - A Link Guide

Post by Zero Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:08 am

Welcome to my Hero Of Time, Link guide. I am not the best at Link, but I am just making this guide for all you link pro-wanna-be brawlers.

You will notice his graphics have been completely changed from his Super Smash Bros. Melee form to the The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess form. Link has been an avaliable and a starter character for Super Smash Bros. 64, Melee, and now Brawl. Now, let's see what you can do with Link in Brawl..

Strategies, Tips and Techniques.

• Link is a great edgeguarder, probably all his moves can be used to edgeguard.
  • Use your projectiles frequently, so your opponent is annoyed or interupted
  • You can use the tether recovery to gain invincible frames at the edge of the stage by regrabbing the edge very fast with clawshot again. But you can only do this 3 times.
  • Link's grab has a slow recovery when you miss, so its best to use it when the opponent is charging a move or dealing any other distractions.
  • Link is a very useful, and powerful ground game character. You can fly off the opponents easy by using projectiles and your powerful sword.
  • Don't be scared of Jugglers, use your d-air to take care of them.
  • Link can Quickdraw, all you need to do is press b before you land.
  • Link can Linkdash, aka Dash attack canceling. If you're using a GC controller. Dash - Down C - Up Z do perform it. This can also be performed with the Wiimote and Nunchuck. To do this in the easiest possible way. Turn on the Shake Smash. Now you can just dash and madly flail the remote up and down. Most of the time, this will successfully do it. To be a great Link player, you must master this.
  • Link has a Good Short Hop. To preform, you just need to tilt your stick a bit. Be sure to master it.
  • Be sure to keep some distance between Link and the opposition, as that'll cause some major problems
  • Can Bomb Recover to keep link alive longer.
  • Gale boomerang has good wavebounce
  • Link is heavy, so you won't fly away easy.
  • You can F-Smash with the bomb in your hands. To preform, Down B + Hold A -> C Foward. This is great for mindgames.
  • Short Hop, and use the grab button (z), this technique is called Grapple Canceling. It cancels what you're opponent is doing and takes an amount of damage. You can always do this while holding a bomb, just be sure to air dodge first. This move is very useful, so use it frequently.
  • Link's dash attacking is very useful, but instead of Dash -> A, do Dash -> C stick down for a faster preformance.
  • Link's boomerang can be used to edgeguard, after you throw the boomerang diagonally at the edge, press up or down to aim your opponent, if you success it makes your opponent go further away from the stage or make them fall. This technique is perfect against low recovery characters, such as Link.
  • His Hylian Shield can still act on its own and defend against projectiles from the front sometimes will reflect the projectiles back at the other players.

They're are more strategies, tips or techniques for Link. But this is pretty much all the important stuff. Thanks for looking at my Guide, I hope you improve your Link or start to play Link.

~Credits~
Thanks to..
Rei_Kaze for mentioning the Grapple Canceling Technique!
GuruKid for mentioning the boomerang edgeguard.
spAzn for mentioning the "Bomb Zair"(grapplecancelling)

Last edited by Zero on Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:40 pm; edited 9 times in total
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 1244
Brawl: : 0989-1985-9880

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 0

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeroX2Fire

Back to top Go down

Linkologic - A Link Guide Empty Re: Linkologic - A Link Guide

Post by Rei Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:50 am

Great Guide Zero!!! The only thing you could add though is that Link's grab can be used with a short jump. Izaw calls it z-air i think. Anyways, awesome guide! Maybe I should do a Marth guide lol Razz

Last edited by Rei Kaze on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 1585
Brawl: : 4811-6624-7457

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 10

https://www.youtube.com/Kageyoshi6

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:57 am

Ah, forgot about that Surprised. Thanks!
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by For$@K3n KnIgHt! Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:01 am

Nice Guide!!....I'm going to make one for Ike or Marth....hmm...which?
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
Smash Veteran

Number of posts : 763
Brawl: : 1977.2102.9898

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:03 am

Forsaken Warrior wrote:Nice Guide!!....I'm going to make one for Ike or Marth....hmm...which?

Thanks, you should make an Ike one cause it looks like it's your main character Razz.
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:05 am

Thanks for the credit Zero! You didn't have to though but still I apreciate you noticing me! Smile

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by For$@K3n KnIgHt! Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:06 am

But Marth is lol....fine I'll make the Ike one first then the marth one second:P
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
Smash Veteran

Number of posts : 763
Brawl: : 1977.2102.9898

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:34 pm

Nice Zero. Maybe you could let me add a Toon Link section? I'd have Taz do it but I know alot about him too.. plus he hasnt been on in awhile. Just a thought ^^
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Number of posts : 1615
Brawl: : 1934-2362-2797

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 75

Back to top Go down

Post by GuruKid Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:57 pm

Great guide, Zero! If I may suggest, you could discuss that edgeguarding technique in which Link throws the boomerang against the stage and the wind blows the recovering opponent away.

Some information on how to effectively approach your opponent would be great as well.
GuruKid
GuruKid
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 383

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 15

https://smashunderground.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:11 pm

GuruKid wrote:Great guide, Zero! If I may suggest, you could discuss that edgeguarding technique in which Link throws the boomerang against the stage and the wind blows the recovering opponent away.

Some information on how to effectively approach your opponent would be great as well.

I still have yet to master this tech. I'll get to it soon though(when my mastery of Marth and Meta is finished).Razz

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:52 am

GuruKid wrote:Great guide, Zero! If I may suggest, you could discuss that edgeguarding technique in which Link throws the boomerang against the stage and the wind blows the recovering opponent away.

Thanks!

Zephron wrote:Nice Zero. Maybe you could let me add a Toon Link section? I'd have Taz do it but I know alot about him too.. plus he hasnt been on in awhile. Just a thought ^^

lol, of course you can. You don't need to ask me to start a new thread xD.
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by DragoonBlaze Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:29 pm

That helps alot, knowing i'm working on my link, thanks alot!
DragoonBlaze
DragoonBlaze
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 391

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:58 pm

DragoonBlaze wrote:That helps alot, knowing i'm working on my link, thanks alot!

haha, hope you improved.
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by spAzn Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:36 pm

Nice guide Zero you mentioned this a bit but, use his Zair a lot lol. It's like one of his best moves, pretty much best approach option and is a good setup into other moves. Sometimes it's kinda difficult to do on wifi though XD. Oh yes and Zairing with bomb in hand is useful as well just air dodge first then press Z right after.

Also bomb dropping can be used for mindgames as well. Don't think you mentioned that but with a bomb, when in the air just press z and then do an aerial Link will drop the bomb and then pick it back up. It has it's uses but I like to use it for taunting as well sometimes Razz.

Hope you didn't mind me mentioning a couple things and hopefully they were somewhat useful If you didn't already know them hehe.
spAzn
spAzn
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 22

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:38 pm

spAzn wrote:Nice guide Zero you mentioned this a bit but, use his Zair a lot lol. It's like one of his best moves, pretty much best approach option and is a good setup into other moves. Sometimes it's kinda difficult to do on wifi though XD. Oh yes and Zairing with bomb in hand is useful as well just air dodge first then press Z right after.

Also bomb dropping can be used for mindgames as well. Don't think you mentioned that but with a bomb, when in the air just press z and then do an aerial Link will drop the bomb and then pick it back up. It has it's uses but I like to use it for taunting as well sometimes Razz.

Hope you didn't mind me mentioning a couple things and hopefully they were somewhat useful If you didn't already know them hehe.

oh yes, totally forgot about that. Thanks! I thought the phrase "Zair" was made by Izaw. lol anyways, bomb -> airdodge -> z -> Dash Attack or DAC xD!
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content