Smash Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match-up Report: Brawler04

+2
Brawler04
Kingdom Come
6 posters

Go down

Match-up Report: Brawler04 Empty Match-up Report: Brawler04

Post by Kingdom Come Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:03 pm

As you all know i have just recently played Brawler04 in the latest edition of the Weekly Tournaments, he, as we all know is one of the top tier brawlers of the site. Well in this set we played 2 games, yes i got swept, but not as bad as you might be thinking, the games were played at Battlefield and Castle Siege. These are two horrid places to play at if your a Ness mainer such as Brawler04. Well in the first match we took it to the limit, literally, we took it to the 7 minute limit as i was trying to get to sudden death but unfortunately, he had one stock more than me so it was my loss. In this game i noticed everytime I did an aerial attack on him offstage he would have some sort of trouble. That is what essentially led to me taking out his first stock and only one to leave the screen in this match.

Match 2. I noticed the slope at Castle Siege helped Brawler04's Side-B, Pk Fire. So i charged and noticed his Ness needed spacing so everytime i had the opportunity and would dodge and roll right next to him and AAA, then i would throw a boomerang and those were my Bread-and-Butter combos. He also liked to use his F-Air when ever i jumped onto a platform right above him. The game was tight unlike our ridiculously long last game, we both took it to one stock. While on the 3rd phase of Castle Siege, Brawler04's Ness was about to die and that would have been the match, but as we all know Up-B, Pk Thunder, is something he directs to rush him to the ledge or whatever point of destination. I noticed his recovery is horrible, had i taken the attack, he would have fallen straight down to tie us up in the set. Back at the first phase, I tried taking the match to the air but he just would not die. Everytime he came off the ledge he would shield immediately and then start taunting. I did my Bread-and-Butter combo missing with the boomerang and then he did his F-Air I then jumped to the platform on the right. My boomerang came back and then he tripped, I took a slight step to the left and did my D-Air.........I hit the platform. He then did his U-Air and that was the match.

Chat. In the chat I told him good game and that I figured out what could potentially lead to his demise against my Toon Link. Such as his recovery and stages with platforms which I never figured out until today. I then told everybody in the chat, although i didnt win, I lost 0-2, I really did win i learned something so great. I learned how to read my opponent at 100% of the time. After saying i learned how to potentially beat him, I got negative feedback such as "Youre Braindead", "Champ your retarded", "Shut Up" and my personal favorite "Kingdom, thats called being a sore loser." But I'm not gonna get into that. Good Games Brawler04.

Brawler04
Match-up Report: Brawler04 3-3
Pre-Game Rating:5/5
Post-Game Rating:3/5

Still considered to be one of the best here at the site. Good Games Brawler04.

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Number of posts : 770

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 5

Back to top Go down

Match-up Report: Brawler04 Empty Re: Match-up Report: Brawler04

Post by Brawler04 Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:09 pm

huzzah tl is a bad matchup against ness but ur just horrible xD
Brawler04
Brawler04
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 426
Brawl: : 1332-7419-9951

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by petrovich112 Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:19 pm

regardless bet you cant read mine lucario. many more tricks up mine sleeve than ness does.
petrovich112
petrovich112
Signature Artist

Number of posts : 357

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:32 pm

Great report and great read but you kind of ruined it with the last paragraph.

We should play soon so you can rate me Razz.

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 1585
Brawl: : 4811-6624-7457

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 10

https://www.youtube.com/Kageyoshi6

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:56 pm

Kingdom Come wrote:
Chat. In the chat I told him good game and that I figured out what could potentially lead to his demise against my Toon Link. Such as his recovery and stages with platforms which I never figured out until today. I then told everybody in the chat, although i didnt win, I lost 0-2, I really did win i learned something so great. I learned how to read my opponent at 100% of the time. After saying i learned how to potentially beat him, I got negative feedback such as "Youre Braindead", "Champ your retarded", "Shut Up" and my personal favorite "Kingdom, thats called being a sore loser." But I'm not gonna get into that. Good Games Brawler04.

TL is apparently a slight advantage to Ness, according to the matchup chart. Just want to throw that out there.

Well... Kingdom, try not to read into it too much. It's wifi. And btw, dont ever assume you can read an opponent 100% of the time. It's good you can read them occasionally, and that is great, but even if you can know what your opponent is doing, generally they do it anyway because it works anyway. Ness's fair is very strong, and very lenient, and even though it's obvious like my dair, it's going to hit anyway. But seriously, dont think you can predict anyone 100% of the time plz.

Sorry to hear people called you that, but people.. like and respect Tim, and when you said you can read him 100% of the time, it really does sound like you were sore about your match, regardless of your true intentions. I would be proud, silently, that you can read your opponent, but if you have to tell someone, tell the opponent in a PM, but dont make posts like this. I know you are very passionate about this, but it's just not right to do all this. It makes you seem rather sore, and you're not usually like that.

Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Number of posts : 1615
Brawl: : 1934-2362-2797

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 75

Back to top Go down

Post by GuruKid Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:05 am

If any person could predict his opponent's actions 100% of the time, he'd be a Smash god, and I'd bow to him.

Since that's not (and never will be) the case due to the simple fact of human error, all we can do as smash players is try to correctly predict (and act on that prediction) more than half of the time, at least. Smile

Good report, and I could potentially see something like this working, but not if it'll just start a flame thread. Play nice.
GuruKid
GuruKid
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 383

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 15

https://smashunderground.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by petrovich112 Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:31 am

Also figuring out someones weakness isnt considered reading someone. Its figuring out how to exploit said weakness that makes you good.if someone were to figure out one of the 2 i know i have id be screwed.
petrovich112
petrovich112
Signature Artist

Number of posts : 357

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down