Smash Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ike or Marth? Give me your opinion plz!

+4
Rykoshet
Beigt.
zachisasian
DragoonBlaze
8 posters

Go down

Ike or Marth? Give me your opinion plz! Empty Ike or Marth? Give me your opinion plz!

Post by DragoonBlaze Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Okay, I want all of your opinions, if you brawled me and if u haven't, u could brawl me and then see. I want to know how i should work on more, Ike or Marth? I dont like jumping off the stage and attacking because i'm afraid of not being able to get back on to the edge but i like to take dares sometimes. I like going straight, head-on and attacking, then taking a dodge and unleashing a special smash or a smash. so can u guys help me?
DragoonBlaze
DragoonBlaze
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 391

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 0

Back to top Go down

Ike or Marth? Give me your opinion plz! Empty Re: Ike or Marth? Give me your opinion plz!

Post by zachisasian Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:21 pm

ike isn't much of a character to go off stage really. marth would have a better time with that. and he can spike well. and marth has quicker smashes too.but if you think marth is too fast for you, then just go ike.
zachisasian
zachisasian
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 717

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 55

Back to top Go down

Ike or Marth? Give me your opinion plz! Empty Re: Ike or Marth? Give me your opinion plz!

Post by Beigt. Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:33 pm

At the same time though.. Ike doesn't need to go off stage <.< he KO's at 70% :"P

Marth is quicker but lighter and each hit counts for less (unless it's a tipper) and he has short range has hell but floats better.

Ike is stronger but slower, an amazing knock out ability he's also generally easier to play and less risks involved when playing as Ike
Beigt.
Beigt.
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 44

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykoshet Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:56 pm

On the contrary I think ike's offstage game is actually superb (granted, in the right hands, and I don't even mean mine. My offstage is pretty decent defensively but it doesnt hold a candle to silven's), there's just less room for screwing up. His lessened ability to go as far out is offset by his superior knockback. Of the 2, marth is easily the more advanced character, but *shrug* picked the one that was default and am learning the other as I go on.
Rykoshet
Rykoshet
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 34

Smash Points/Trophies

https://www.youtube.com/Rykoshet

Back to top Go down

Post by GuruKid Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:35 am

I do not use either character, but I'll speak from my experience playing against them.

Marth is all about comboing and edgeguarding. Edgeguarding skill is essential if you hope to master Marth. Also, playing a quick character requires even more precision and reflexes.

Ike is more about raw power and tenacity. Ingenuity and a knack for pulling off mindgames is essential in using him. He cannot combo, and although he can definitely edgueguard, there's little problem in killing right from the center of the stage.

It's all a matter of what you prefer: the heavy powerhouse, or the light combo king.
GuruKid
GuruKid
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 383

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 15

https://smashunderground.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by For$@K3n KnIgHt! Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:11 am

Lmfao....Ike owns offstage when the opponent has alot of damage he can use his down A in air and smash the opponent out!
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
Smash Veteran

Number of posts : 763
Brawl: : 1977.2102.9898

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykoshet Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:56 pm

He can actually do that at 0.
Rykoshet
Rykoshet
Smash Novice

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by For$@K3n KnIgHt! Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:31 pm

shut up person who is prob. a better brawler and smarter then me. XD

Ryko I wanna vs you!
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
Smash Veteran

Number of posts : 763
Brawl: : 1977.2102.9898

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by DragoonBlaze Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:56 pm

what's edgeguarding?
DragoonBlaze
DragoonBlaze
Smash Apprentice

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by DragoonBlaze Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:56 pm

what's edgeguarding?
DragoonBlaze
DragoonBlaze
Smash Apprentice

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by zachisasian Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:59 pm

when your opponent is on the ledge and you're on the stage. and you attack him i guess.
zachisasian
zachisasian
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:54 am

Edgeguarding is when someone hangs on the ledge and prevents you from grabbing or getting back on the field.

On Topic: Go with who you feel is better for you. For me I love off stage combat so I chose Marth and Meta Knight because they make there kills off stage. I'm still working on both though.

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 1585
Brawl: : 4811-6624-7457

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 10

https://www.youtube.com/Kageyoshi6

Back to top Go down

Post by zachisasian Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:56 pm

Rei Kaze wrote:Edgeguarding is when someone hangs on the ledge and prevents you from grabbing or getting back on the field.
that's edgehogging.
zachisasian
zachisasian
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

zachisasian wrote:
that's edgehogging.

oops Razz

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 1585
Brawl: : 4811-6624-7457

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 10

https://www.youtube.com/Kageyoshi6

Back to top Go down

Post by GuruKid Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:59 pm

Edgeguarding is simply preventing your opponent from recovering onto the field. It can be done from the edge of the stage, but usually it's better to go offstage yourself and KO in the air.
GuruKid
GuruKid
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 383

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 15

https://smashunderground.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:10 pm

How easy is it to DI out of Aether spikes, generally?

Mac
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 1

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by zachisasian Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:13 pm

um. that never happened to me. but i'd say it'd be hard. lol.
zachisasian
zachisasian
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykoshet Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:43 pm

Aether spikes missing are entirely the fault of the ike and not the skill of the person caught by it.
Rykoshet
Rykoshet
Smash Novice

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down