Smash Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing my attitude... and maybe Mains.

+4
Brawler04
zachisasian
Rei
Zephron©
8 posters

Go down

Changing my attitude... and maybe Mains. Empty Changing my attitude... and maybe Mains.

Post by Zephron© Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:23 pm

Ugh. As you all know, we are having clan wars with the Smash City. Kingdom and I fought on FD, 4 times. I won the practice, and the first match, but then he won twice making it 1-2 out of 3 so he won. Shocked I feel horrible and mad. Later, I realized I was spamming just as bad as he was. pale

People always tell me to practice and change my strategy... but its not really that easy. You see, I am the worst habit breaker alive. Combined with slow realization of habits and lazyness, its near to impossible to break them for me. I used Zelda and he used Link.... I couldnt get one kick, or spike on him. Zelda mains would be disgraced. There's always the thought of changing mains, but really, should I try? I've played all the roster and got three characters out: Lucas, Toon Link, and Zelda. And realized that they all have things in common from Melee. (I said this in a previous post, only summerizing it) Peach in Melee had a quick down smash that owned and I used it to my advantage. Zelda, Toon Link, and Lucas all have quick projectiles, (more or less) and a swift great down smash. I think thats essential to my playstyle.

Why am I taking all this to so much consideration? Well... I really dont like it when someone like Kingdom (No offense! Please!) Beats me. I like know what he's going to do, but dont take advantage of that, because of my habits I so dearly want to do. I get mad that I let him beat me, it wasnt the stage, or the characters, it was me. And I need to improve. Sure, I've talked about it a lot but thats my laziness talking. Now I gotta ACT.

What now? I'm asking for you guys to help.. Maybe there's another character you know of that I missed that has a quick down smash and good projectile. Help me come up with ways to break habits... (gl with that..) maybe suggest for me to use Lucas or TL and help me raise myself from this emo condition (I HATE BEING EMO!)

Sorry for the long paragraphs. Brawl means a lot to me because I really like playing it with you guys and joined a forum to improve... I havent, really. So I got to do something... Please, if you skim through this, just say something quick as a suggestion... I really dont care if you dont want to hurt my feelings just say it already. x.x
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Number of posts : 1615
Brawl: : 1934-2362-2797

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 75

Back to top Go down

Changing my attitude... and maybe Mains. Empty Re: Changing my attitude... and maybe Mains.

Post by Rei Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:37 pm

Maybe there's another character you know of that I missed that has a quick down smash and good projectile.

If you are trying to brake a habit don't encourage it finding another use to make it worse. What I'm saying is you said you spam (which I'm predicting is D-smash and projectiles). Well don't get another character that will make you spam those more. Find something else thats different.

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 1585
Brawl: : 4811-6624-7457

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 10

https://www.youtube.com/Kageyoshi6

Back to top Go down

Changing my attitude... and maybe Mains. Empty Re: Changing my attitude... and maybe Mains.

Post by zachisasian Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:05 pm

you shouldn't change your main. or try to rely on chars with a good d smash or projectiles.

but your playstyle i think just works for the mess ups of your opponent to be honest.

but if you can't change your playstyle then you're doomed because you have to. i've changed my playstyle a lot so trust me it works.
zachisasian
zachisasian
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 717

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:23 pm

Rei Kaze wrote:
Maybe there's another character you know of that I missed that has a quick down smash and good projectile.

If you are trying to brake a habit don't encourage it finding another use to make it worse. What I'm saying is you said you spam (which I'm predicting is D-smash and projectiles). Well don't get another character that will make you spam those more. Find something else thats different.

Good point, but I was trying to find out things that my playstyle likes. If I want to change it entirely, then thats another thing. I use down smash to punish people who make mistakes, and get elbow room... which is why I like Zelda because I have 2 moves for that. You know I make mistakes constantly, so I need someone who can help me still play well with them. Fix my mistakes? I dont know. I AM human. I think I'll always make a lot of stupid mistakes for eternity, not just in brawl. I dont really think I should change mains, but maybe make one of my three chars my main because they might suit me better.

@Zach If you guys really think I should change my playstyle... thats going to take a TON of work and help from a sparring partner... which I try to get but never really do. I've had like what, 3? Oh well. Anyways, I didnt really spam down smash those games, more dins because his Link was incredibly defensive.
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Brawler04 Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:43 pm

if u change to a pk pwner ill help ya practice xD wud look great on a combo vid or compilation vid. i think ud like lucas a lot
Brawler04
Brawler04
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 426
Brawl: : 1332-7419-9951

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:50 pm

Lol.. maybe. I seem to like him but I've not ever improved. Doc has accepted to be my sparring partner, but I'd be glad to fight you with my lucas anytime.
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by DragoonBlaze Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:23 pm

don't worry man, just sit down ad think about your character and what you do and possibly try out different combos and stuff
DragoonBlaze
DragoonBlaze
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 391

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by zachisasian Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:34 pm

if you're going to be picking lucas up. his jabs have a lot of priority. and sh nair is good for damage.
zachisasian
zachisasian
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 717

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 55

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj5goten Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:48 pm

in return for the sig you're making i'll teach you a char if you want? (i can't play yoshi ganondorf or wario but i can teach you the rest)
ssj5goten
ssj5goten
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 25

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:06 pm

don't worry man, just sit down ad think about your character and what you do and possibly try out different combos and stuff

Thanks Dragoon. I'll try to do that. Like I've said before, my attitude is like a charging bull. Its hard to stop me being happy, and its hard to stop me being sad. You helping me sit down and be optimistic helps me.

if you're going to be picking lucas up. his jabs have a lot of priority. and sh nair is good for damage.

Yeah. I figured that out today with Brawler. Beat him once with him probably because he was suprised how much priority it had. I dont know if I will keep lucas, but he was fun to play and will stay and alt at least. Thanks for the tip.

in return for the sig you're making i'll teach you a char if you want? (i can't play yoshi ganondorf or wario but i can teach you the rest)

Thanks SSJ! I dont know who to choose but I think I might just choose the characters I'm already using. Learning new combos and strategies will help always Smile

I'll get that sig looking so good you'll need to teach me two ppl >Very Happy (You wont have to but that'd be nice XD)
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by DragoonBlaze Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:20 pm

np, anything to help, just ask
DragoonBlaze
DragoonBlaze
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 391

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:58 am

really dont like it when someone like Kingdom (No offense! Please!) Beats me

kingdom isn't that bad, I think. I suggest that you shouldn't change your main though, just practice and practice till you are perfect.
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 1244
Brawl: : 0989-1985-9880

Smash Points/Trophies

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeroX2Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom Come Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:00 am

yea just practice dude ggs you scared me bad after that practice so i switched my control still lost and then i waited a bit to get my mind right and the thing you kept doing was dins fire when i was about to die that needs to stop you woulda won had you never done that

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Number of posts : 770

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum