Smash Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do u think that? issue number 3

2 posters

Go down

Do u think that? issue number 3 Empty Do u think that? issue number 3

Post by angelshadow3593 Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Yeah its been awhile but its back. Its do u think that?!!! Our topic of the day is do u think that games r much much better than they were back then. In todays world there is alot of newcomers to the game world that r all making a name 4 themselves. While back then in world of yesterday there wasnt a new shooting gam every 3 days no the newest gam wud at least be a jumping or running gam. 2day ppl r more dependent on graphics then actually remebering what it takes 2 mak a gam. Im just glad 2 see that old favorites r returning such as street fighter,megaman and others. So i wanna know wat u think of the world of 2day is now compared 2 the world of yesterday. bounce
angelshadow3593
angelshadow3593
Smash Learner

Number of posts : 121
Brawl: : 5155-2859-5859

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 0

Back to top Go down

Do u think that? issue number 3 Empty Re: Do u think that? issue number 3

Post by Zephron© Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:23 pm

Well, on one hand, there are so many new technologies today that make games 10x more epic. Such as, MGS4. And Brawl too, but nothing particularly mind shattering.

The old games were far more original, and there were far less "crap games" were this random 3rd party company tries to make this random game that isnt good. Before, there weren't that many of those. I mean, there were, but not like today.

Back onto originality, games today just seem so repetitive unless it's a first party game. I mean, the only AWESOME ones that aren't 1st party were games like Portal and BioShock. All of the games back then were at it's peak of new-ness.

Zelda was forming it's storyline, Mario was saving Peach for the first time, it all was sweet, and the graphics itself were great for the time.

We now judge games by the graphics alone! Pah! That's not the actual game! Stop obsessing over how clear everything is. Sure, it makes scenes like Assassin's Creed ten times more epic, but isnt the most epic part the fact you just assassinated some leader, then jump to a rooftop and make your escape?

However, there are so many more people today making more original games, so it really isnt deathly repetitive. But still, awesome games like Zelda, saving Zelda and getting the triforce seems cliched, almost.

And the new Mario game, was really awesome, but he's saving Peach... from Bowser... AGAIN! I mean, seriously guys, the levels and space were incredible, but couldn't you make it so someone else stole Peach? Or made it so something else happened while you tried to save her?

They did do that in Super Paper Mario (EPIC GAME) and I both loved the storyline, laughed my head off, and the paper graphics were great. We need to make more games like that man. Old, yet enhanced graphics, original and funny, yet epic storyline.

Whew. Okay, yeah. I'm done now. But still guys, please read most of that. I know what I'm talking about.
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Number of posts : 1615
Brawl: : 1934-2362-2797

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 75

Back to top Go down

Post by angelshadow3593 Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:09 pm

i agree with u zephron 100%. Bioshock was a tru classic not just for graphics but 4 its own style and story. Hopefully when ppl read this topic they can open their eyes.
angelshadow3593
angelshadow3593
Smash Learner

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by angelshadow3593 Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:02 pm

wozers from the looks of things here looks like every1 here is into the new stuff. Well thats fine cuz the wii isnt exactly got my attention anymore. Its 360 and Gears of War 2 now baby!!!!!!!!!!!!1 WOooooooooooo
angelshadow3593
angelshadow3593
Smash Learner

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:24 pm

Meh. <.<

The wii will always be ftw in my book. I do wish I could get Metal Gear Solid 4 though.
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Number of posts : 1615
Brawl: : 1934-2362-2797

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content