Smash Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Tournament Results

5 posters

Go down

My Tournament Results Empty My Tournament Results

Post by Kingdom Come Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:26 pm

Well im really mad about the outcome!!!! I had a great fun time and thank you guru for giving me the tourney info. I got there at about 12:30 and the tourny got delayed an hour so it didnt start til 3. I played friendlies against a bunch of people some were good some were great and some were absolute garbage.

Anyways in the first round i played a friend i made today his name is Luke, lol i kept calling him Lucas because he mains Lucas. I didnt use Link once this round I went with Falco instead and I spam-trashed him 2-1. I committed suicide twice in the second match by doing the Falco Phantasm.

Round 2, I played a Mr. Game and Watch so because Link's match-up was once again unfavorable against my opponent i decided to use Falco again. Anyways, i kept spamming the first match and i lost it. It was absolutely insane because he flew off the map so many times I couldnt believe he only died once! So I come back I have yet to use Link once this tournament, and im wearing a Link shirt!!!!

So I choose Delfino Plaza and im wrecking right its my 2 lives to his 1 we both have about 100% each and i accidentally choose to boomerang while im off the edge and then my stick messes up and i dodge instead of grapple the edge. 1-1 stock he has about 120% now. We are both going at it and he just wouldnt seem to die! Anywho, he was at about 230%, and he wouldnt die no matter how many times i did my side A it was crazy!!!!!!! I was barely at 100% and i missed my down A,as he jumped through the middle of the stage. and he did judgement and got a 9.

Thanks to GuruKid for giving me tournament details, I had so much fun. You should come down here next week or the week after LOL!!!! Thanks!

Thanks to Zephron for using Lucas. If it werent for the experience i had with you Link v Lucas i probably woulda left early!

There were like a gazillion people there!!! I didnt get to stay to see the end so idk who won. I think this experience made me better as a player and all the friendlies were awesome.

I might go back next week that was only the beginning of the series........

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Number of posts : 770

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 5

Back to top Go down

My Tournament Results Empty Re: My Tournament Results

Post by Rei Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:19 pm

Glad to see you had tons of fun xD. Irl Tournies are great Smile. Gl next time.

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 1585
Brawl: : 4811-6624-7457

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 10

https://www.youtube.com/Kageyoshi6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom Come Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:04 am

thanks and i think i mighta picked up a new main while i was there!!!

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:56 pm

Flaco? He's fun to use and has some cool tricks that come with him. afro

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 1585
Brawl: : 4811-6624-7457

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 10

https://www.youtube.com/Kageyoshi6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom Come Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:11 pm

no i actually am sticking to link but not exactly the one yall are used to seeing me play with.

there was this killer toon link player who did some crazy ish!!!!

im now trying to get toon link down. he is not only better for me but he makes my link better so its win-win

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:28 pm

I would think it would make your link worse. It gives you a false sense of recovery, and once you use slower link, it feels rly odd. Playing Link helps TL, not vice versa ._.

Glad to hear you had fun though.
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Number of posts : 1615
Brawl: : 1934-2362-2797

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 75

Back to top Go down

Post by petrovich112 Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:28 pm

ya really considering tl has better:bombs, recov, bow, and speed youd think tl would make ur link worse
petrovich112
petrovich112
Signature Artist

Number of posts : 357

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom Come Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:09 pm

yea thats what i meant playin with link makes my t link better because i dont have to get used to much stuff everything is virtually the same except the speed is much better and the recovery is like uber

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by GuruKid Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:05 pm

Good to know you went and had fun!

Kingdom Come wrote:Anyways, i kept spamming the first match and i lost it. It was absolutely insane because he flew off the map so many times I couldnt believe he only died once!
That's DI for ya...

Kingdom Come wrote:So I choose Delfino Plaza

BAD stage to counterpick against a G&W. The jump-through floor gives G&W an even easier time to Nair or Bair you from the ledge. With Falco, you'll want to pick a more flat stage (and one that doesn't "transform") to make the chaingrab and SHDL more feasible.

Kingdom Come wrote:Thanks to GuruKid for giving me tournament details, I had so much fun. You should come down here next week or the week after LOL!!!! Thanks!
You're very welcome! Always happy to help.

Kingdom Come wrote:There were like a gazillion people there!!! I didnt get to stay to see the end so idk who won. I think this experience made me better as a player and all the friendlies were awesome.
I might go back next week that was only the beginning of the series........
That's what makes tournaments so great... through the experience, improvement comes naturally, and at a much faster pace. I'm glad you went, and hope you keep attending the series (4-Month series? WOW).
GuruKid
GuruKid
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 383

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 15

https://smashunderground.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom Come Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:58 pm

yea thanks so much Guru.

yea me and my dad struck a deal if i make good grades and if my behavior picks up as well ill be able to go to more.

the only bad things was it was like 2 hours aways from us and i didnt use falco at delfino i used link. and i learned that fast the dude loved to jump through the mioddle of the stage.

and yea hate to see it but i joined the t link fad

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down