Smash Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your new President is......

+11
Tastingo
GuruKid
zachisasian
57r!k3r
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
Brawler04
Rei
Fyro
HanZo
Zero
Zephron©
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Happy about the results?

Your new President is...... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Your new President is...... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Your new President is...... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Your new President is...... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Your new President is...... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap30%Your new President is...... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
Your new President is...... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Your new President is...... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Your new President is...... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Your new President is...... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Your new President is...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your new President is......

Post by Zephron© Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:42 pm

Sorry, I'm rooting for John McCain no matter what.

GO McCain!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!

(And Ralf Nader!!)
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Number of posts : 1615
Brawl: : 1934-2362-2797

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 75

Back to top Go down

Post by GuruKid Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:53 am

I would have written a rather long rebuttal regarding this discussion, but I'm still recovering from my two-day heavy celebration.

Good thing you guys settled it out though. Kudos.
GuruKid
GuruKid
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 383

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 15

https://smashunderground.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:29 am

two day heavy celebration Surprised.

anyways, I voted for boxman Sad.
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 1244
Brawl: : 0989-1985-9880

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 0

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeroX2Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Tastingo Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:27 pm

I am a Democrat, and I hate Republicans. I'm not afraid to say that Clinton did start to put us in debt, and he is a Democrat. Bush made it worse though. Lets go Obama, heed our words.
Tastingo
Tastingo
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 189
Brawl: : 1375 6873 2038

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Maniacal Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:16 pm

I'm terribly dissapointed. This entire election made me facepalm so many times it's rediculous.

I'd love to write a long response here, but I'm tired, and I'd really just like to forget about the entire thing, and just laugh if everything starts going to crap during his term.
Dr_Maniacal
Dr_Maniacal
Events Team
Events Team

Number of posts : 212
Brawl: : 1848-1746-3721

Smash Points/Trophies

http://drmaniacal.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by petrovich112 Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:20 pm

2 things joe the plumber ftw and nixon for the double win
petrovich112
petrovich112
Signature Artist

Number of posts : 357

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom Come Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:04 am

Seeing as though some of you are democrats im not going to say anything rude about yall (or my family)

But........

1)Alot of Obama's votes were as Zach stated because he was black. Anybody who voted based on color is ignorant, yes i said ignorant.

2)Obama has yet to step in office and the stock market has already taken a horrible horrible drop. If i'm not mistaken this is the worst its been in history, correct me if i'm wrong.

3)Obama, because the economy is so bad he pretty much cant do anything he promised. I mean thats actually a good thing why should anybody be penalized (taxed more) for being wealthier?

4)The war in Iraq is over, for those of you saying we are not doing anything. The reason we are still down there is to stabilize everything and if we pull out early, we will surely be back in war. So my fellow Americans (and non-americans), where would you rather fight a war? Here in America or in Iraq? Bush made a great move in choosing to fight the war there. New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston if we dont finish what we started those places WILL be bombed. People have died fighting for a cause and if we pull out having unfinished everything then they practically died for no damn reason.

5)Bush will be remembered not as the greatest president of all time but, his legacy will be that he defended this country. We will know 10-20 years from now how good of a president he was. His first term was great, his second was eh, but he brought this country out of a crisis. Not even a year after being elected president 9/11 occurs. The stock market goes down horribly and we lose billions and billions of dollars. Bush brought it back up quickly and fought the war on terrorism. He stopped alot of attempts and a few were even leaked about (cause you know most of this is like super secret agent stuff).

Thats my take on it.

Alot of people like Obama because "Change is on the way" well what change? He never specifically said what kind of change was coming, did he? I mean I also know he wants to be peaceful with everybody and thats fine and dandy, but, Taz said it best "There can never be peace without war"

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Number of posts : 770

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:10 am

to be honest I didn't really like bush.
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 1244
Brawl: : 0989-1985-9880

Smash Points/Trophies

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeroX2Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaguaris Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:45 am

"Claps" Excellent speech Kingdom! That my friend, should go in the hall of fame!

PS: I'm serious!
Jaguaris
Jaguaris
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 489

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:25 pm

Jaguar wrote:"Claps" Excellent speech Kingdom! That my friend, should go in the hall of fame!
PS: I'm serious!

What were my speeches, chopped liver? Q_Q

lol.

Kingdom Come wrote:

1)Alot of Obama's votes were as Zach stated because he was black. Anybody who voted based on color is ignorant, yes i said ignorant.

Zach and I have said lots of things like this, but dont be that harsh. It's not like thats a bad thing. It just shouldn't be the basis of your vote. BTW, alot isn't one word, it's a lot.

Kingdom Come wrote:
2)Obama has yet to step in office and the stock market has already taken a horrible horrible drop. If i'm not mistaken this is the worst its been in history, correct me if i'm wrong.
Sorry, you are wrong on this one. The previous stock maret crash in thr 1930's was far worse. We had far less points, but in no way are we in that major of a depression. If you've ever read Grapes of Wrath, you know what I'm talking about. That depression made like everyone lose their jobs. Some cities had 50% unemployment. America's unemployment rate is about 10% or something. I say thats good compared to 50. Anyways...

Kingdom Come wrote:
3)Obama, because the economy is so bad he pretty much cant do anything he promised. I mean thats actually a good thing why should anybody be penalized (taxed more) for being wealthier?

Obama and McCain both have an economic plan to fix the crisis. Now, I voted McCain because I disagreed with Obama's way of doing it. However, just because it's wrong doesn't mean it's not going to help anyone at all. I'm sure it's going to bring America up, not as much of course, but still. Obama should be able to easily get through Social issues bills, like Abortion (grr!) and maybe a couple other things without trouble. Just saying it's mean to say he cant do anything he promised.

Kingdom Come wrote:
4)The war in Iraq is over, for those of you saying we are not doing anything. The reason we are still down there is to stabilize everything and if we pull out early, we will surely be back in war. So my fellow Americans (and non-americans), where would you rather fight a war? Here in America or in Iraq? Bush made a great move in choosing to fight the war there. New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston if we dont finish what we started those places WILL be bombed. People have died fighting for a cause and if we pull out having unfinished everything then they practically died for no damn reason.

Tad harsh again, but of course, I agree with this one because I voted for McCain.

Kingdom Come wrote:
5)Bush will be remembered not as the greatest president of all time but, his legacy will be that he defended this country. We will know 10-20 years from now how good of a president he was. His first term was great, his second was eh, but he brought this country out of a crisis. Not even a year after being elected president 9/11 occurs. The stock market goes down horribly and we lose billions and billions of dollars. Bush brought it back up quickly and fought the war on terrorism. He stopped alot of attempts and a few were even leaked about (cause you know most of this is like super secret agent stuff).

Bush had to deal with two major crises (crisises...? idk) during his terms. I think that is a ton of stuff to deal with! I think Bush wasn't all that smart, but it is stupid to blame everything on him. He did have advisors (dumb ones at that, but still)
and the stock market wasnt even Bush's fault. That is a lie. Fannie Mae and Freddie were dishing out credit default swaps (like insurance for stocks) and screwed themselves over. Bush had nothing to do with that. He couldve been notified, but people were too busy with making money. <.<
Kingdom Come wrote:
Alot of people like Obama because "Change is on the way" well what change? He never specifically said what kind of change was coming, did he? I mean I also know he wants to be peaceful with everybody and thats fine and dandy, but, Taz said it best "There can never be peace without war"

Well.. yeah. Most people put most of the blame on Bush / Republicans as the source of the crisis, when it really was just stupid corporate greed, and since Obama was offering the one thing they wanted, "change", they'd obviously vote for him.

It was a really smart move on Obama's part though. Making that his slogan really helped him. Smart campaign advisors <.<

NOW CAN WE PLEASE STOP HAVING SPEECHES????? OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT!
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Number of posts : 1615
Brawl: : 1934-2362-2797

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:58 pm

Ok, wow Kingdom... I could spend so much time flaming you and educating you on how narrow minded your first statement was but I won't because I always end up looking like a bad guy. I hope you read all the stuff I wrote before because that might tell why some people MIGHT have voted for him since he was African American. Just to let you know Democrats aren't stupid. They know why they put President Obama in. Just to let you know I know some people who were REPUBLICANS all their life and voted for President Obama. So give me that crap that President Obama got in because of sympathy. Bush did not start the problem but he sure did make it worse.

Anyways, America has spoken and they chose President Obama. Deal with it. The Democrats had to deal with Bush =/. I do agree that some past Republican presidents weren't bad. President Reagan was great from what I have heard. It still seems like everyone's favorite Democratic president was President Clinton Razz.

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 1585
Brawl: : 4811-6624-7457

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 10

https://www.youtube.com/Kageyoshi6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom Come Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:17 pm

Flaming me?

Dude im an independent and i didnt like Obama until he became the pres-elect, so all that stuff about me being one sided im not.

I don't believe Mr. Obama will do anything to help this country.

And my first statement was not narrow-minded im only saying because Obama is black all the black people who in the past never cared to vote, which was not to sound racist, but it was alot, decided oh yea "We need to get a ****** in the white house now lets paint that ho black shiiit."-Marcus Lindsey

Yes there have been quite a few disturbances at my school because white people were being "racist" qnd stating that Obama was not a good candidate.

This was an election based on race. Period end of story.

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:29 pm

... Ok I'm really getting pissed now...

If McCain would have won I am 100% sure these stupid excuses of "race was the only reason Obama won" would never be spoken. Am I right? Exactly.

You say it was race based because your choice lost FAIR AND SQUARE. Stop giving stupid excuses about race. Basically what you are saying is that Black people are stupid and the only reason they even vote is because a fellow Black man was running for president. Your saying that Black are lazy and they never vote but when the time arrives for a fellow Black person to get into the White House they want to change it into a "Black House". Like I said NARROW MINDED BS.

Btw, Black people care about there nation and always vote. Why would they not vote when they fought so hard in the past to get the right to actually vote? Every Black person I know goes out and votes. You would be foolsih to think otherwise.

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom Come Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:34 pm

Well really im not trying to piss you off but everything you said i said is exactly what i meant. All of my friends are black and most of them said this was the first time there parents EVER voted because Obama is black you can ask a lot (there 2 words zeph) the people here in spring who voted for obama and they will say simply because he is black.

and everything i have stated of what black people do is because that what my friends do my friends are all black ill give you my myspace password and email and you can check if you want.

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by 57r!k3r Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:57 pm

I'm havin so much fun readin this. lol!
57r!k3r
57r!k3r
Smash Seeker

Number of posts : 69
Brawl: : 1160-9397-1306

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:10 pm

Ok, no I don't want your password to myspace <.<. That would be an invasion of privacy and I wouldn't steep down to that level to prove a point.

You do know your judging the whole 'Black part of the Nation' simply off what a group of your friends say? All my friends (who are black) say that their parents always vote. Don't say the whole nation does something just because your friends do it. That's like me saying all my friends play brawl so that means everyone plays brawl. See how that works? Not the best way to look at things.

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by GuruKid Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:23 pm

My neighborhood is throwing a block party in celebration. There will be food, random chitchat, dancing, peace, and just plain ol' fun. DDG by the end of today, hopefully.
GuruKid
GuruKid
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 383

Smash Points/Trophies

https://smashunderground.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom Come Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:47 pm

Anyways Congratulations Barack Obama and hopefully he does a great job as president!

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:51 pm

O.o @ Kingdom's sudden change in attitude Very Happy

DDG FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! afro

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom Come Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:13 pm

No im just being respectful and supportive of my country. My attitude has not changed one bit. I didn't like Obama, but now that he is going to run the states i have to be behind him 100% good or bad.

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:45 pm

Ok cool. Topic closed to prevent future anger or arguments.

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2