Smash Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Events Team Explanation

+10
Zephron©
Master Roshi
Kingdom Come
petrovich112
Dr_Maniacal
Jaguaris
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
Fyro
PhailWhale
Rei
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Events Team Explanation Empty Events Team Explanation

Post by Rei Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:25 pm

The Events Team

What is the Events Team?

The Events Team is a group of members who will make this forum a more enjoyable place. They will think of Weekly, Bi Weekly, Tri Weekly, a Series, Monthly, Yearly events for our community to participate in. The Events Team will have their own private section in the forums to discuss and make new ideas. They will also be able to moderate the Events section. The Events Team will provide prizes (that aren't smash points). They are a greatly active on our forum. They are also head of advertisement.

Am I qualified to be an Events Team member? confused

That is up to you and how you have portrayed yourself around the forums. Tastingo and I will be looking for outstanding members to help our forum and be apart of the S.U. Events Team.

What are the qualifications to be on the Events Team?

Creativity - You must be a creative member and thoughtful. Your ideas must be outstanding and appealing to the eye.

Helpfulness - You must be helpful to the forum and the staff (Admins/Mods). Also, you must be helpful to your fellow members. Also, you must be an outstanding advertiser. The number of ACTIVE members you have brought to the forum will also effect me and Taz's final decission on who to place in the Events Team.

Attitude and Ambition - You must have the right attitude for the job. If you constantly annoy or bother members than you are the last thing we are looking for. If your attitude is one that always wants to achieve better than what we have already (Ambition), than you are the ideal person for the job.

Respect - Being a respectful member is almost the biggest area that will effect our final decission. If you are respectful to your fellow members and superiors; than you are perfect for the role. If you don't respect your fellow team members than you will constantly fight and bicker, and that is the last thing we need. You must also have respect from others. If you have 0 respect who is going to listen to your wonderful ideas? No one.

Organization - You must be well organized and neat. This will be decided by how neat your signature is, if your avatar is not offensive, and if you have had past sucsessful events that were well organized. If you aren't organized then you aren't Events Team material.

Artistic Talent - Artistic Talent is one of the most important things an Events Team member will need to have. You must be able to produce prize and trophies. Prizes can include anything but some might just be artwork.

These are the traits one must have to be an Events Team member.

Now, if you think you have what it takes to become apart of the Events Team then you can nominate yourself. Give reasons and support yourself to show us (Rei and Tastingo) that you have what it takes. Don't nominate others. You may only nominate yourself (if you want to).

~Rei~ king

Last edited by Rei on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 1585
Brawl: : 4811-6624-7457

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 10

https://www.youtube.com/Kageyoshi6

Back to top Go down

Events Team Explanation Empty Re: Events Team Explanation

Post by PhailWhale Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:21 pm

Me!Me! I want to nominate myself ok !

Creativity - I am creative,I like to create Xat icons with high quality as excample.I guess I would have nice ideas,too.I have one suggestion in my mind right now,I guess..

Helpfulness - I am visiting lots of websites and I think some people likes to play Brawl,too.We are mainly a Smash bros. Community,but people should feel free to talk about other games at the Other Games-section.

Respect - I respect other people (I don't have got anything against anyone lol.) and I hope you respect me. I am never looking for a "fight",even if it would look like that.

Attitude and Ambition - I have a nice attitude (I think so,I hope you all think so too). I can say that I had trouble with people,but people should get a second chance if it wasn't something TOO serious.I'd say I am a nice person,just in my opinion.I'm getting better with it if there are any problems with my behavior.

Organization - My avatar isn't offending ( I believe -.- ) and my Signature should be neat/clean,I mean Doc and Zero made them,they HAVE to be clean Razz .I wouldn't put anything in there that would offend the rules.

Artistic Talent - As I said,I am creative,there should be something in my mind.I am creative if it is about ideas.I just need to get better with Drawing/Picture Editing programs.
I guess I am active,like you all said at the chat xD...
I believe I can do it. More Event members would be highly recommended,though.Sign in at this for make this place more enjoyable,with more members and for more peace! (H)

If I don't make it,I still would like to make a few suggestions.

Last edited by DR.Ganon on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot something.)
PhailWhale
PhailWhale
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 425
Brawl: : 4811-8366-0254

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 20

https://www.youtube.com/knakolo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyro Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:27 pm

Creativy - ...Something something something. (Well, I actually sometimes have ideas)

Helpfulness - I think I am helpful, atleast if someone asks.

Attitude and Ambition - I hope I dont annoy any of you, and...I want better D:

Respect - Yeah, I respect you and etc...Rolling Eyes

Organization - I hope my sig isn't offensive. : |

Artistic Talent - I have ideas, and I can edit stuff...But I fail at making stuff. Razz

However, the timezone is a bit wrong...(+2 GMT.)
Also, If we get more member from Europe...I can speak finnish, some french, atleast after I have it at school, swedish, and...I COULD take germany too...But 2l8 can handle that Razz
Fyro
Fyro
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 472
Brawl: : 2578 4639 5779

Smash Points/Trophies

http://ssbb.8forum.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by For$@K3n KnIgHt! Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:12 pm

I'm just here for this one post.

Creativity - I'll take risks and I'll make fantastic solutions and ideas that will never be just "Simple". I like to show what I can do (Making a/v's, pages and ETC.) I will put detailed but not too detailed for others to understand.

Helpfulness - I'll help out people who are in need, I'll give them opinions on what I think, I'm helping my friend attempt make websites (A REAL SITE) (like using money) and I give them some ideas I think of and let them take the credit whatsoever.

A&A - I could be nice, paranoid, or angry also wacky. But I'm mainly nice and wacky and just ol' typical CJ. I'll be kind to others in need. My ambition is too make this site a more fun and friendly place ("Fun is spreaded around, and not kept inside a box"). I hope to help out the site and make this place more enjoyable by these so far UnKnown tasks.

Respect - I respect all staff and members of this forum, when I'm angry or anything else at someone I'll give a few days to clear up, if not I talk to them Computer by computer (Face to face) and be honest to why I am so. I will do tasks that I am not willing to do by members I respect awfully alot.

Organization - My Signature is orderly in place and not a big blob. I do my work and posts linde up and I know how to put editing stuff like; ".", ",", ETC and more. I am not PERFECT because no one is.

Artistic Talent - I am a Art-a-holic and I do Drawing and I use to make sigs and banners. But all I basically have is the artistic ideas and I critique (Not on this site yet) and compliment art. My ideas are given to anyone on whom I trust.

If there were any problems I cause big time I would be willing to drop out or ETC.

-CJ :weird:
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
Smash Veteran

Number of posts : 763
Brawl: : 1977.2102.9898

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaguaris Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:45 am

I'm phat so I should be on the team no question :weird:
Jaguaris
Jaguaris
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 489

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Anyone can tryout!Even if you don't think your qualified give it a try! You never know Razz.

To the canidates who are trying out, thanks for your wonderful applications. They are so detailed. Very impressive (H).

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Maniacal Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:29 pm

Creativity -
This word, "creative", is probably what I'd pick if I ever had to describe my mind in one word. (insane is a close second but eh Razz ) I always try to implement new and unusual things into every work of art I produce while still making it appealing to the eye, and even when I'm asked to write an article or something for school I will include little graphics here and there, sometimes even implementing them into the text itself, relating to the article in order to capture the reader's attention.

Helpfulness -
I'm the moderator of an art section on another forum I'm a part of, so I'm very willing/able to give out help to any memebers who may have questions about the site or point them in the right direction, or anyone seeking a critique on any kind of artwork they may post on the site.

Attitude and Ambition -
For this job, my attitude will remain unchanged. I'm helpful, I always go out of my way to be polite to everybody I come in contact with despite their attitudes towards me, and I do whatever I can to, well... not be a douche. Razz My ambition would be to make this site something special, and improve it in any way I possibly can whether that includes making new visual improvements to draw new members in, or coming up with ineresting competitions unique to the site.

Respect -
I hold respect for each member of this forum regardless of whether they're staff or not. Everyone has their own awesome qualities that are respect worthy, and I can see what those qualities are. I'd never gloat at, argue with, flame, or insult anyone wihout an extremely good reason.

Organization -
I'm the type of person who has to have everything organized in a visually apealing way, while still making it easy to find whatever I may need. I'm familiar with most tags on this site that aide in organization, like the centering tags, color change tags and font size tags. I also know how to organize any kind of announcement or anything that may need to be made, so that the important information is brought to the reader's attention very clearly.

Artistic Talent -
http://drmaniacal.deviantart.com/
I'm experienced with Photoshop, and I'm able to make any kind of banner or icons for the site that this job may require. I'll also be more than willing to make prizes for any contest that may be held in the future, whether it be a banner or even a painting of that person's main Brawl character, for example. I can critique well and identify problems a piece of art may be suffering from, and offer contructive criticism and give advice on how to improve the flaws.

My two cents, with regards,
~burking hatter Doc
Dr_Maniacal
Dr_Maniacal
Events Team
Events Team

Number of posts : 212
Brawl: : 1848-1746-3721

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by petrovich112 Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:41 pm

Why I think i deserve to be aon the team.
Reason 1. As rei may know and tastingo does know i am the first person to have held a succesful tournament in the history of our community.

Reason 2. As you have seen i do have creative talent. I am learning to do photoshop as quickly as possible and currently play 2 instruments and do flash and programming projects.

Reason 3. I hope i have portrayed myself as respectful since ive been here.
If I have sry for the misunderstanding.(exclusion of the adam incidents i truly disrespected that kid.)

Reason 4. And finally I am always as helpful and accomadating as possible. anyone whos played mmos with me would tell you this. This stems from having situations where i have needed help and have not recieved such.

p.s. my ambitions regarding the underground is not to make us a super group but rather a more active group. because having 200 members is nothing if only 15 are active.
petrovich112
petrovich112
Signature Artist

Number of posts : 357

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom Come Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:16 pm

i suggest those ppl rei, the ones that have already signed up have already proven to the community their worth so they should be in the group those are my recommendations. i recommend them.

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Number of posts : 770

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Roshi Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:02 pm

Creativity - U'd be suprised how creative i can be

Helpfulness - i can help ppl with issues, and also help them with their characters in brawl. Im understanding, and i can talk sense into ppl

Attitude and Ambition - dood my ambition on here is to get everyone into brawl more, and get more ppl on here ^_^

Respect - i do joke with ppl alot, but i always say i am joking. If that person cant handle a simple nudge then THEY have issues. I have alot of respect for other ppl's opinions

Organization - hmmm i try and keep things organized, but i might need a little work in this area (idk but hey Rolling Eyes )

Artistic Talent - ha ha one of the main things im not good at Sad
i can give out prizes like ummm... idk ^_^
the only thing i can give online is brawl secrets, training, and props.
Master Roshi
Master Roshi
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 30
Brawl: : 1977-3565-3999

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:37 pm

Creativity -
I love creativity. I use it all the time in my sigs, and I use it to critic people. Lol. Well, I'd love to go on about how creative I am and all the stuff I've done, but most of the people here have seen my work, and that is up to you guys. If you don't know me, well, ask around and or see my siggys Razz

Helpfulness -
I love to do this! I am also open for help. When Doc gives me advice for my sigs, I always take it. Plus, it is a habit of mine to help... even if it isn't wanted ._. But yeah! I havent been a mod, or anyone with a great example for this, but I've helped a lot of people here and given advice, like Petro with his sigs. I think I am a very helpful person Very Happy

Attitude and Ambition -
Ambition I have loads of. I am a slight perfectionist, and love to correct people with their spelling mistakes Razz But I will not stop helping this forum. I have been at the Dojo since June 6th, and I've become quite the poster. Hehe. Attitude, that's up to you. I don't think I really insult people at all, nor do I pick fights. I am a peppy, nice but like to toot my own horn guy. I'd love to help and influence this forum more in a positive way, and this position will help me do that.

Respect -
I hold respect for each member of this forum regardless of whether they're staff or not. Everyone has their own awesome qualities that are respect worthy, and I can see what those qualities are. I'd never gloat at, argue with, flame, or insult anyone wihout an extremely good reason.

Darn you Doc! I couldn't have phrased that better. Well.. I said that.. bleah. Well, I also hold respect for all of you guys. I admit I used to be rather angry at 2l8, but he has turned that around recently and I apologize again for my disrespect towards you. For everyone else, I'm pretty sure I treated you just great, I hope. Sorry if I offended anyone else O_o But I will respect other's opinions, and will make sure I get some of my own in! I will make sure not to fight anyone else on that team. Rei noted that in particular, and it is no surprise to me how important that is to him. Teamwork, and Creativity people!

Organization -
Well, I havent made the best examples of organization, but I do write and tell things very clearly, and when I posted the Gym Idea, I feel that I did that very well and organized. I will make sure that everything I turn out will, like Doc (darn you!) said already, will be visually appealing, easy to read, and fun to read as well! Plus fun to do, if the idea works out!

Artistic Talent -
Well, I'm not the best with art here, Doc and Raimu get that award. But I feel that I am adept at Photoshop as well, plus I have a unique perspective that Doc and Raimu might not see. But keep in mind, they have their own unique perspective that is great, and shows every time they make a sig! I can also critique well and I find it fun to help give others ideas for their art. I do not flame them, and I give them good perspectives for improvement. I also love to animate, plus I know lots of HTML, and it's great to show that stuff off. Well, I made these months ago, but I have a feeling you'd like to see this. (LUCAS AND SHEIK SIDES WERE MINE, TOON LINK AND ZELDA WERE PLAID)
We both correlated with the ideas. But the spotlight idea was mine ^_^

http://athena.edenpr.org/~09harrisb/WebProject/Brawlhome.html

and this is my index page for that webproject I made.

http://athena.edenpr.org/~09ferraram

It's not much, but you guys have seen my sig artistic talent enough, and something new might be refreshing to you.

I will also love to help Doc (with his awesome application we have to let him in! :O ) with making banners, buttons, and all the like for the forum. Prizes and awards will also be very fun to create!

I've been at this site for a long time, and I've begun to care for everyone here and I really love adding more to this place, and see it grow. It's made me sad, happy, and even outraged and overjoyed. This position will let me, if you would accept, help this forum more and make it more fun to just be an average member. We will come up with lots of awesome stuff! I will make sure, that I am Respectful, Helpful, Creative, and active ^_^

Doc, your post was so freaking awesome I feel that I just copied you Q_Q Why did you have to put everything so perfect? Razz

~Zephron©
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Number of posts : 1615
Brawl: : 1934-2362-2797

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:14 pm

Very nice, these applications are extremely impressive. Keep up the good work guys! This will be a tough choice for Tastingo and myself.

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Raimu Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:34 pm

This... R... Rai's application....
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Raimu
Raimu
Events Team
Events Team

Number of posts : 262
Brawl: : 1590-4865-8164

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Roshi Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:37 pm

Raimu wrote:This... R... Rai's application....
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

LMAO
Master Roshi
Master Roshi
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 30
Brawl: : 1977-3565-3999

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Maniacal Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:51 pm

I lol'd my freaking ass off. Epic win. XD
Dr_Maniacal
Dr_Maniacal
Events Team
Events Team

Number of posts : 212
Brawl: : 1848-1746-3721

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:57 pm

mine seems a little small compared to Doc and zephs, but that's all I'm doing!

Your epic Mastur Cheef made up for it, and then some ^_^
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by petrovich112 Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:34 pm

Ya that was epic.
I vote we have seniority (including back to the dojo days) as factor because people like me and zeph have the best remembrance for what has worked and what hasnt round here.
petrovich112
petrovich112
Signature Artist

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:39 pm

Still, Doc and Raimu shouldn't be counted out, and the others too, I guess.

They've added a lot to the forum, and have been here for a decent bit.

It's up to Rei and Taz if they want that as a factor or not.
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:47 pm

Seniority will definantly not be a factor.

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by petrovich112 Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:33 am

ohh i no they shouldnt be counted out but im saying that they are a tiny bit less(or more depending on your p.o.v) geared towards success.
what i really meant was say 6 people join 2-3 should be senior so there is a firm grasp of the past.
petrovich112
petrovich112
Signature Artist

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:39 am

But we shouldn't care about the past because it's the teamwork we all use together that helps us leap towards the future.
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by GuruKid Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:13 am

While it's great that senior members may have a solid idea of what has worked and what hasn't in the past, new minds can always bring something solid and feasible to the forum. A diverse group will yield more optimal results.
GuruKid
GuruKid
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 383

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 15

https://smashunderground.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raimu Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:34 am

GuruKid wrote:While it's great that senior members may have a solid idea of what has worked and what hasn't in the past, new minds can always bring something solid and feasible to the forum. A diverse group will yield more optimal results.

thats what I was gonna say... only with bigger words XD
Raimu
Raimu
Events Team
Events Team

Number of posts : 262
Brawl: : 1590-4865-8164

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:13 pm

We will be picking 2 people at a time for the Event Team (The Event Team new color will be green.). We will not chose them all at once.

Also, I am not sure when we will make our choice yet, but It will be in the next 2 weeks. I would like to finish what hasn't been done yet before we go heads first into anything. I would greatly appreciate all the help and cooperation I can have to finish the final changes to the forum for now.

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by petrovich112 Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:30 pm

thank you guru for summarizing what i was to lazy to fully explain in the first place
petrovich112
petrovich112
Signature Artist

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next