Smash Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What grinds my gears Vol 1.

+4
Martymadman
PhailWhale
Iceburns
Jaguaris
8 posters

Go down

What grinds my gears Vol 1. Empty What grinds my gears Vol 1.

Post by Jaguaris Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:56 am

You wanna know what grinds my gears...How the gaming industry treats Australia. For no reason at all, they treat us as "The people in the back of the line". I am so mad right now...Here is an example.

Super Smash Bros Brawl was released on the 9th of March for you guys...Correct? Well down here, we get it on the 26th of June. Wow, they must have made some big changes to release it 3 months later...Really? No, NOTHING! Another example is the Rock Band Series. I heard about it just after it was released in America. I was thinking, "Hey, I might get this game, it looks good." 2 months later...Hasn't come out...Another 2 months... Nothing...More months passed until finally it is released in November. When Rock Band 2 was already released in America...Isn't that just dandy!

But what has made me REALLY mad now is the game Medal of Honor Heroes 2. I was really thinking about getting this after Joecool Told me that it has 32 player Wi-Fi. I then looked up some info on it...Here is a quote from Wikipedia regarding the multiplayer.

"The Wii version of the game features up to 32 players in one server, with six maps and six uniforms, three for Axis and three for Allies. The uniforms for the Allies are "Ranger's 2nd", "Ranger's 4th", and "Ranger's 5th", whereas the Axis uniforms are simply "Axis Rookie", "Axis Regular", and "Axis Elite". There are three different online multiplayer modes available. The PSP version is virtually identical in terms of multiplayer functions. The Australian version of the game has no multiplayer mode at all, which has been the subject of much criticism. EA Australia & EB Games Australia have also recently removed all references to the multiplayer aspect from their websites."

Okay, just WTF is this? I looked around and people have said things like "EA Australia just couldn't bother giving THEIR OWN GAME Wi-fi for the Wii". I am seriously out of Ideas of what I want now.

If anyone can suggest a good First Person Shooter for the Wii, they will be my new best friend. Thank you.
Jaguaris
Jaguaris
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 489

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 0

Back to top Go down

What grinds my gears Vol 1. Empty Re: What grinds my gears Vol 1.

Post by Iceburns Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:25 am

Wow, sorry Jaguar, BUT LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Wow, no multiplayer for Australia, lol, seriously. That is kinda of sad. I know some but they are not Wi-Fi.
Iceburns
Iceburns
Smash Learner

Number of posts : 201
Brawl: : 3007-8793-0126

Smash Points/Trophies

http://www.youtube/crazyskullz

Back to top Go down

Post by PhailWhale Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:40 am

The Australian version of the game has no multiplayer mode at all, which has been the subject of much criticism.

LOL OWNED!!

... i meant to say sorry.
PhailWhale
PhailWhale
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 425
Brawl: : 4811-8366-0254

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 20

https://www.youtube.com/knakolo

Back to top Go down

Post by Martymadman Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:33 pm

the UK is pretty much last to get the games ssbb came out in November for us
Martymadman
Martymadman
Smash Seeker

Number of posts : 69
Brawl: : 3996 0588 0456

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by angelshadow3593 Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:08 pm

And i thought u were jus copyin this from that family guy episode 2 lol. Well thats totally unfair plus why wud australia get ssbb later? Isnt Australia closer 2 Japan than the U.S also. Same thing goes 4 the U.K its closer 2 Japan as well.
angelshadow3593
angelshadow3593
Smash Learner

Number of posts : 121
Brawl: : 5155-2859-5859

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Raimu Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Sorry, But I suggest you get a 360.

But seriously, that sucks dude. The industry treats you guys like crap for no good reason... I don't get it. Why on earth would they go through the trouble of removing multiplayer? Order an American copy of e-bay I guess.
Raimu
Raimu
Events Team
Events Team

Number of posts : 262
Brawl: : 1590-4865-8164

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom Come Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Well, there is an Xbox 360-like game coming out for the Wii that has great graphics and is first person shooter. It's called "The Conduit", Guru said he is gonna get it, so you could play with him. They are also clans for it already on Wifi Alliance.

Sorry Jagz.

Kingdom Come
Smash Veteran

Number of posts : 770

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboFerret Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:33 pm

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not the gaming industry, but rather Australia's strict stance on video games.

RoboFerret
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 41

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Raimu Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Hmmm... you guys need to stand up to your government, tell them to stop passing ridiculous laws Razz Censorship is stupid enough as it is, but, restricting stuff like online play? Thats baaad.
Raimu
Raimu
Events Team
Events Team

Number of posts : 262
Brawl: : 1590-4865-8164

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceburns Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:24 pm

angelshadow3593 wrote:And i thought u were jus copyin this from that family guy episode 2 lol. Well thats totally unfair plus why wud australia get ssbb later? Isnt Australia closer 2 Japan than the U.S also. Same thing goes 4 the U.K its closer 2 Japan as well.

Uhhh...Japanese people helped make SSBB, and Japan is not only famous for making sushi and practicing sumo, but they have large video game companies.

UK also is not one of the last compared to other countries lol, I only got SSBB here in Brazil only in February or March, yes, very long time...And it was annoying...But other than that we don't have those weird laws that we can't have Wi-Fi games here...The government doesn't care a thing about 'em, that is one of the last things that passes through their mind, the first thing is stealing money from us of course, lol (serious).
Jaguar, if I were you I would order it from Ebay or Amazon, it will come a little more costy and slower, but you will actually be able to play Wi-Fi! Very Happy Cool
Iceburns
Iceburns
Smash Learner

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaguaris Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:41 pm

The government doesn't give a rat's ass about the video game industry. The only game I can think of that had some sort of censorship from it's American copies would be GTA IV. And that was censored only slightly. But it was EA Australia that did this to their own game. They just couldn't be bothered putting up online servers or w/e for it. Its crap how we get treated.
Jaguaris
Jaguaris
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 489

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceburns Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Jaguaris wrote:The government doesn't give a rat's ass about the video game industry. The only game I can think of that had some sort of censorship from it's American copies would be GTA IV. And that was censored only slightly. But it was EA Australia that did this to their own game. They just couldn't be bothered putting up online servers or w/e for it. Its crap how we get treated.

Just buy it off Amazon.com, lol. You'll be able to play online.
Iceburns
Iceburns
Smash Learner

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down