Smash Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying?

+13
GuruKid
RoboFerret
Nakayorz
For$@K3n KnIgHt!
Holy Sapphire
Beigt.
lolololololololololololol
DragoonBlaze
Zero
Rykoshet
zachisasian
Zephron©
Rei
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is Spamming a skill?

Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap30%Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 7 ]
Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap4%Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap26%Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 6 ]
Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap13%Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 23

Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 Empty Re: Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying?

Post by Nakayorz Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:57 am

RoboFerret wrote:If they're using a move repeatedly, but it's generally hitting, they're doing something right. If I'm facing someone, who for some reason always gets hit by Pikachu's thunder, I'm definitely going to use that move over and over until they learn to avoid it. Same goes for any character. It's when the person still uses a move even after his opponent knows how to counter it, that it becomes bad. (And at that point, it's ridiculously easy to win)

Of course there are always situations where a move can be used properly, and effectively. If your opponent puts himself in those situations constantly, that's totally their fault.

Generally speaking it's still a bad habit to get into in the interest of getting better. Often times players get a false sense of security or confidence when something works that much but in the grand scheme of things it will get them killed when they face competent opponents.
Nakayorz
Nakayorz
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 11

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 0

Back to top Go down

Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying? - Page 3 Empty Re: Spamming. Skillfull or Annoying?

Post by lolololololololololololol Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:03 am

Back to the main question: "Is spamming a skill"? No its not. Its spamming.
People who play good don't spam to win.
Smash Learner

Number of posts : 194

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:04 am

let's get back to the main question: "Is spamming a skill"? Yes, it is. (:
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 1244
Brawl: : 0989-1985-9880

Smash Points/Trophies

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeroX2Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakayorz Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:31 am

smart spamming is a skill.... but that's an oxymoron.. because smart spamming isn't really spamming anymore...
Nakayorz
Nakayorz
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 11

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:22 am

Nakayorz wrote:

Generally speaking it's still a bad habit to get into in the interest of getting better. Often times players get a false sense of security or confidence when something works that much but in the grand scheme of things it will get them killed when they face competent opponents.

That was so aimed at me Razz Anyways, you didn't really explain why its bad to try to get better. Everyone says "Practice , practice practice to get better!"
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Number of posts : 1615
Brawl: : 1934-2362-2797

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykoshet Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:57 am

He said it's a bad habit to get into in the interest of getting better. He's saying spamming is a bad habit ot get into if your interest is to improve.
Rykoshet
Rykoshet
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 34

Smash Points/Trophies

https://www.youtube.com/Rykoshet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephron© Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:58 am

Oooooh. Mmk.
Zephron©
Zephron©
PK Knight
PK Knight

Number of posts : 1615
Brawl: : 1934-2362-2797

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:05 pm

Rykoshet wrote:He said it's a bad habit to get into in the interest of getting better. He's saying spamming is a bad habit ot get into if your interest is to improve.

that's VERY true. naks is a wiseman. lol

Last edited by Zero on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:09 pm

Zero wrote:
Rykoshet wrote:He said it's a bad habit to get into in the interest of getting better. He's saying spamming is a bad habit ot get into if your interest is to improve.

that's VERY true.

Yeah, I agree. It's best to steer away from spamming if you do it already.

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 1585
Brawl: : 4811-6624-7457

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 10

https://www.youtube.com/Kageyoshi6

Back to top Go down

Post by DragoonBlaze Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:13 pm

Yes, "steer away from spamming" like rei said! and pee, everyone's against u, lol! , spamming is a skill and is not a skill sometimes
DragoonBlaze
DragoonBlaze
Smash Apprentice

Number of posts : 391

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboFerret Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Nakayorz wrote:

I completely agree, you have to figure out what works against every opponent. If spamming works against one person, you definitely shouldn't continue spamming against someone else. (Unless of course it works against them too)

RoboFerret
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 41

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj5goten Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:10 am

there is only one character that needs spamming and that is diddy cause he is nothing without his bananas for the rest spamming is not needed. (i really don't see how any other spammer then banana spammers can win though i really don't see the problem the are punished so easy.)
ssj5goten
ssj5goten
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 25

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:19 am

ssj5goten wrote:there is only one character that needs spamming and that is diddy cause he is nothing without his bananas for the rest spamming is not needed. (i really don't see how any other spammer then banana spammers can win though i really don't see the problem the are punished so easy.)

yeah, that's true. I saw a match of diddy main that abuses banana peels D:
Zero
Zero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:02 pm

I don't think constantly tripping players with bananas is a skill. It's just pestering and annoying. I'm not saying you shouldn't use bananas ,but I don't think you should "Abuse" them. Only spam bananas in fun matches XD.

Remember this is only a opinion.

Rei
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Number of posts : 1585
Brawl: : 4811-6624-7457

Smash Points/Trophies
Smash Points: 10

https://www.youtube.com/Kageyoshi6

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceburns Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:28 pm

I spam a lot with my Falco, specially the gun and my Roll+A+ roll+ A (I keep the guy in the spot I want, and it works fine with Falco). And sometimes I spam shield a lot. And I think it is just fine, it works perfectly in some situations. I spam a lot of rolls, and I almost won a 2v1, just spamming Roll+A, I'm serious...
Iceburns
Iceburns
Smash Learner

Number of posts : 201
Brawl: : 3007-8793-0126

Smash Points/Trophies

http://www.youtube/crazyskullz

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleV Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:37 am

Well, of course it's annoying, but what can you do about it?
Honestly.
If you can do the same move over again, plus it's working, why stop?
YOU feel bad?
So?
YOUR WINNING!
Don't be afraid to do the same move over again if it works.
It's really up to the opponent to learn how to get around it.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's friggin annoying as hell.
And, it's definitely not a skill to do something over again but...
Smart to keep doing it if it works.
LittleV
LittleV
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 18
Brawl: : 0602 5936 6900

Smash Points/Trophies

http://Onlinebrawlcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SmAsHman Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:58 pm

idk, I feel like I only have a few moves with sonic that I use, but most of them require skill, unlike most spam.

for instance, with projectiles, there is not much skill involved. you simply fire, fire, fire away.

The moves I spam are hard to pull off, such as grab combos and ledge guard tactic moves. (like my A-down.)

Do you think spamming a midless move that a monkey could do, and spamming harder to pull of combos is the same thing? I dont think so, but thats because I'm kinda biased. lol
SmAsHman
SmAsHman
Smash Learner

Number of posts : 251
Brawl: : 0602-6042-9866

Smash Points/Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleV Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:03 pm

Abuse what works.

Don't be afraid of doing the same move 15 times when it works the first 3 times. So many players do something that works 3 times in a row, and then stop. They try something else. Why? You're winning. Make HIM try something else first before you worry about becoming predictable in your repetitive playstyle. If you're not getting punished for something, use it until you are.
LittleV
LittleV
Smash Novice

Number of posts : 18
Brawl: : 0602 5936 6900

Smash Points/Trophies

http://Onlinebrawlcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3